Gofio amasado (stoneground flour dough balls)
- ½ kilogram of gofio (stoneground flour)
- Chopped almonds
Mix the gofio and the water and knead the mix until it forms a uniform dough. Roll the dough into a ball and serve whole or sliced.
There are other varieties of gofio amasado that employ different ingredients:
- Berrendo: gofio amasado with water and small pieces of cheese.
- Cabrillas: tablespoons of gofio in powder form served with wine.
- Rala: gofio diluted in stock, milk or even wine.
- Escaldón: gofio stirred into boiling stock.
- Revuelto: gofio amasado with water and boiling stock.
- Pan de gofio: a ball formed of gofio with water and salt.